All students are required to complete an application for enrolment form which is available on request from the school office. This form must be completed and returned to the office along with supporting documentation as outlined on the application form.
1. Complete the enrolment application and return it to the school office with the relevant documents as listed on the reverse of the enrolment form.
2. Arrange with the school office for a time to meet with the Principal.
3. Arrange with the school office for a time to meet with the Church Pastor, who is the Proprietor’s Representative to determine your child’s preferential status.
4. You will be notified by the school office of your child’s acceptance/non- acceptance after steps 1-3 have been completed.
At the time of enrolment, parents should advise the school of any family court order which may relate to the child.
Conditions of Enrolment
Palmerston North Adventist Christian School (PNACS) is open to families who wish to provide their children with a quality, Christian education. Enrolments are accepted without regard to religion, ethnic background or nationality, however our integration with the Ministry of Education requires that 90% of our students come from families with a Christian background.
PNACS operates not only for the members of the Adventist community, but also for students in the broader community who are committed to the values and the ethos of the school. An enrolment condition of our integration agreement with the Ministry of Education means that preference is given to students attending Adventist churches, followed by students from other Christian denominations.
All students are expected to live in harmony with our Christian standards and participate in the life and program of the school, including devotional activities and Bible classes.
State integrated school select preference students based on the connection to the Special Character of the school.
- The agent for determining preference is the local church pastor, school chaplain or their designee.
- The grounds for preference are the specific or general connection the family has to the beliefs, values and lifestyle of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
State integrated schools have places for non-preference students.
- The applicants accept that they will be attending a school of special character and their place in the school is conditional on their participation in the program.
- The applicants accept that they will be required to pay attendance dues as set by the Proprietor and these are not voluntary.
- Non-preference places criteria:
- There are currently 3-4 places likely to be available in any particular year.
- This school has a maximum of 11 non-preference places.
- Non-preference selection criteria that will apply to this school:
- Given to children of Board of Trustee employees
- Given to applicants who are siblings of current pupils
- Given to children of members of the Board of Trustees
- Given to siblings of former pupils
- Non-preference students coming from another Adventist school.
- Non-preference students who cannot enrol immediately may choose to be placed on a waiting list. Students on this list are wait listed by date and number and will be contacted if places become available.
WE ARE OPEN TO ALL CHRISTIAN DENOMINATIONS.
Our enrolment priority is as follows:
- Siblings of children whose parents are members of the Seventh-day Adventist church.
- Children who are, or whose parents are members of the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
- Siblings of children whose parents are members of Christian churches.
- Children who are, or whose parents are members of Christian churches.
- Siblings of children whose parents are not members of Christian churches.
- Children who are, or whose parents are not members of Christian churches.